Six pack shortcuts is a training and nutrition material and I say “material” because most of the program contains separated video modules.
Who Is The Guy Behind This Pogram?
This guy’s name is Mike Chang and from how he looks, he seems to be a bodybuilder (not so “natty” but let’s stick to our review).
Surfing on their page where the system is being sold, I noticed that same clues that makes my BS meter pump.
Skinny guy to huge guy, fat guy to fit guy, six pack “secret” systems, the afterburn effect, WAIT:
Here is another clue that many of these “snake oil” sellers are clinging onto and there is always some unusual term that is being over-emphasized just to make it sound “advanced” and top notch, when in fact the “after burn effect” as they put it down is nothing but EPOC aka post exercise oxygen consumption which is a usual process and really doesn’t matter at the end of the day for body composition.
Alright, so after I purchased their product and started watching the getting started video, I’ve heard something that was interesting enough to put it here so everyone could see it: “We are cutting through all the BS, through all the crap that doesn’t work” .
Another thing that I liked in the welcoming video was something along the lines “go into the gym, get in and get out fast“.
He preaches that a nice workout time period would be at around maximum 45 minutes which is good enough but that’s not a rule at all.
Until here, everything is fine, everything seems legit as I like his starting suggestions BUT let’s also see what’s inside the program and what are the main characteristics (you will be amazed what I find .. duh).
So the main components of the program that you get are:
- The main program in 4 phases
- The cooking module
- The exercise vault
- The intro video
- A Mike Chang six pack shortcuts workout style pdf
- Zero-Will Power eating system (lame name by the way)
When I took a look at their system, I thought: “how on earth are these guys such a hit on the internet when in fact you can get gold information when compared to what they offer you and most of it for FREE!“
Six pack shortcuts “system” is basically just another full of BS course that only a complete newbie could see it useful.
The exercise database is in no way done professionally and the form used in most of the exercises isn’t explained properly, take a look at this deadlift setup:
If you’ve read my deadlift tutorial, you would know what is wrong with his starting position so if Mike Chang can’t coach his student properly when he is aside him, then tell me how on earth could he couch you with just some videos that are poorly done ?
The bar should always touch the shins Mr. Mike Chang! duh…
Let’s not even speak about cooking or dieting program..
The cooking module is also too thin and doesn’t contain anything ground breaking.
The training program that they outline is good for a monkey and there are many alternatives that are at least gold when compared with his program (hint-check out the link at the end).
What I Like About Six Pack Shortcuts – Review
The single “module” that has some truth in it is the supplement module and I see this blaming on the supplement companies too often (almost in all the diet books I review).
Basically, they tell you the same BS just like the others: supplement companies are bad, don’t use supplements, blah blah just to gain some trust.
What I Don’t Like About Six Pack Shortcuts – Scam?
- The snacking recommendations by Mike Chang
- They talk about good foods versus bad foods when in reality only calories matter at the end of the day – read more about clean eating and get back here after that
- They still think that liquids have a big impact on our six pack abdominals – in reality and I’ll say it again, total body fat matters when you look at your abs.
- Their “useful” Tupperware tutorials – duh, basic and common stuff
- The training material is beginnerish at best and isn’t worth the investment – I can get better advice on youtube
- The videos are plain unprofessional – this doesn’t even matter because I care about the content inside but I had to say this
- The Olympic moves are being taught the wrong way and potentially dangerous to a newbie
- The cooking modules are plain useless (they cook some chicken, meat and potatoes, so let’s be serious)
- The eating guide named “Zero-Will Power eating guide” is not only useless but it also has some common BS that you can find these days in these courses (meal frequency myth) <- read about it and come back
Conclusion On Mike Chang’s Six Pack Shortcuts Review
The conclusion is that this Mike Chang is a good marketer but a not so good trainer as he wants you to believe.
He also spams the hell out of youtube with his “5 min belly fat DESTROYER” type of titles that are good for a laugh.
My only regret is that he went so popular because everyone started promoting his BS just to earn a quick buck and with all the advertising he went through, he did a good job.
I hope I helped you make a good decision and stopped you from wasting time and money on something that is at the utmost beginnerish level (beginners can grow with anything seriously).
I got his program, saw what it contains but I am not impressed.
It certainly explains some of the general issues a dieter has problem with but nothing “cutting edge” or as advertised.
It’s just a regular program that still contains average quality material that won’t really get you to “six pack abs”.
Over the years, I tried many diet programs and the books I personally tried, had results and recommend can be found on this page: click here to see my recommendations.